Last updated January 1, 2020.
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of our Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of our users information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information.
What information we collect
We collect two types of data and information from users.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a user(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Services and interaction with the Website (“Non-personal Information”). We are not able to identify the user from the Non-personal Information that is collected.
In order to enhance the functionality of the Services and to provide you with a better user experience, we collect technical information transmitted by your device (through the use of third party analytical cookies), including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of device used, the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, time of access, the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Services, etc.).
We also collect information about your use of the Services, such as user activity (e.g. pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.). This information is collected, amongst other things, for research and analytics purposes about your use of our Services.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”). This may be collected when you subscribe for our email newsletters by providing us with your email address.
If we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
A “cookie” is a piece of data stored within your browser containing information about your access to the Website. We and our trusted partners may use such cookies for different purposes, for instance, allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier.
We use the following types of cookies:
- “Session“ cookies which exists only in temporary memory and expire once you close your browser.
- “Persistent“ cookies which remains on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie and activated each time you visit the Website. Such cookies helps the Website to remember your preferences and improve your use of our Services.
- “Third Party“ cookies are placed on your device by an advertiser or an analytic tools, such as third-party analytics companies who monitor and analyze your access to the Website.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your browser, however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Services may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
In addition, our website may run widgets, beacons and other technologies which collect mainly Non-personal Information connected to your browsing tendencies. We use such technologies for routine operation, including for the collection of statistical data about your use of our Services and in order to adapt the Services to your personal preferences. The information collected through such tracking technologies by third parties on our behalf, help to provide technical diagnostics and analytic tools.
By using our Website, you agree to the use and storage of cookies on your device. If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your device, you can remove and disable cookies by following the instructions of your browser:
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Cookie settings in Safari
How we use the information we collect
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where you have given us your specific consent for processing your personal data as a legal basis. We will always obtain your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
In addition to the purposes referred to above, the information we collect, which may include your Personal Information, is used for the following legitimate interests and purposes (without overriding your interests and fundamental rights):
- To communicate with you and respond to you if you have a query relating to any of the information on the Website and to keep you informed of our latest updates and email newsletters.
- To support and troubleshoot our Services.
The type of Personal Information collected and the purposes listed above are necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how visitors use our Services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
We use Non-personal Information for analytical purposes, such as to conduct anonymous analytics in order to improve and customise our Services to your needs and interests.
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Third-party companies referred to above for analytics purposes. This data is non-identifiable personal data and anonymised in relation to IP addresses for visitors in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Third-party providers of marketing services to enable us to communicate with you by email (such as sending out our email newsletters).
- Third parties in relation to the acquisition, sale or merger of the Company, business or its assets in respect to prospective purchasers and/or vendors or on a business re-organisation.
We may disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Website if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iii) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (iv) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (v) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
The period of retention of your Personal Information is always balanced against volume, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information collected, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Third party collection of personal data
You are knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks of using any third-party websites, services or applications.
What are your rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “Data Subject Access Request” or DSAR). This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your personal data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
The Website is not designated to users under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should not use our Services nor provide any Personal Information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information collected from you. In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us immediately.
If you have any questions about any of our policies or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at email@example.com.