100 % Independent & Honest Reviews of Casinos Online 2023
Welcome to Online Casino Rivals! You'll find here honest and detailed online casino reviews. All reviews are written by experts with over 10 years of experience in iGaming industry. Each and every review is checked by a couple of members of our team so you can rest assured that our reviews are fully objective and unbiased. So far we've rated and reviewed over 200 online casinos worldwide and we keep testing and adding new operators on a regular basis. If you're not certain which online casino to choose, read our guide and find out how we write our reviews. You'll find here:
- The most comprehensive casino reviews written by industry experts.
- Our system of selecting and rating online casinos.
- Top 10 tips for choosing the best casino online.
3.3 out of 5.
Up to $ 6,000
Register at Drake Casino and claim the biggest Welcome Package across online casinos. Drake Casino will reward you with a massive Welcome Package up to $ 6,000. Your first 3 deposits will be matched with 300 % bonuses up to $ 2,000 each.read more, T&C apply.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ONLINE CASINO REVIEWS
How We Select and Rank Online Casinos
Our in-depth casino online reviews are 100% objective and independent. Our reviewers spend a couple of weeks selecting and testing online casinos before writing a review. The entire process is quite lengthy but our team is passionate about iGaming industry so they do it with pleasure. When reviewing casinos on the web, we do the following checks:
First of all, we do the basic background and security checks. We investigate the company that operates a casino as well as check if a casino holds legit gambling licenses. We also verify whether a casino has been checked and verified by eCOGRA which is a testing agency specialising in the certification of online gaming software and systems. Lastly, we check if a casino uses the SSL encryption for online payments.
User Experience & Mobile
In the next step, we review the overall user experience and the mobile version of a casino. We expect from a good casino to have intuitive website navigation, easy and quick registration process and a variety of languages. When it comes to mobile, what matters to us in a mobile casino are the following factors: page loading speed, number of available mobile casino games, compatibility with major devices such as iPhone, Android, Windows, Samsung, Blackberry, exclusive promotions for mobile users and general user experience.
Cashier & Banking Options
Once the user experience and mobile compatibility checks are done, we move onto the banking part. We spend quite some time on this one as we realise how important secure and fast payments are. We check the deposit and withdrawal methods, minimum and maximum deposit, withdrawal amounts, time frames and investigate whether there are any additional transaction fees. We do our checks both on desktop and mobile as well as they compare both.
The Games Range
In the fourth stage, we take under microscope casino games. We check what kind of games are available (slots, Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, live casino games, 3D Slots, jackpot progressive slots etc.) as well as they check the providers of casino games. In addition to this, we investigate whether games are available in demo and real-money modes. Lastly, we make a note on the overall user experience when it comes to games: loading time, interface and graphics.
In the fifth step, we review bonuses and promotions available. We check not only Welcome Bonus but also promotions for existing players such as Reload Bonuses, cashback, Free Spins, and others. We carefully investigate the Terms and Conditions of each offer and most significantly wagering requirements.
In the last phase, we pay attention to a couple of categories. We mainly investigate whether a casino offers a VIP Club with exclusive promotions for VIPs and high rollers. Once casino offers are checked, we move onto the customer service support. We find out what the working times of customer agents are, how they can be contacted (phone, email, live chat) and whether the agents are responsive and knowledgeable. Lastly, we carefully analyse responsible gaming policy to make sure a casino supports players who may suffer from gambling addiction.
Once all the checks have been done, we sit down to write a review. This is not the end as the casino review is then verified by another two members of the team as we want the casino reviews to be 100 % objective.
Meet the Team
Now that you know the entire process of reviewing casinos online, it's time for you to meet our team! Here they are:
Favourite slot game: Dead or Alive from NetEnt
No.1 online casino: Dunder Casino
Daniel is the founder of Online Casino Rivals. He started the site in November 2016 with a goal of creating the world's best online casino comparison site. He is a mentor to all junior members of his team. He is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to online casinos and casino games.
Favourite slot game: Book of Ra from Novomatic
No.1 online casino: SlotsMillion Casino
Mike is a passionate traveller. When he doesn't travel, he plays online slots and discovers new casinos. He's played probably in each every online casino out there. He tests them carefully, reviews, and rates them.
Favourite slot game: Immortal Rommance from Microgaming
No. 1 online casino: Jackpot City
Kate has quite the experience in the online casino world. She's been working for the last couple of years as a croupier in a land-based casino in Las Vegas. Casino games have no secrets from her so she is our go-to girl when we review casino games.
Favourite slot game: Henzel and Gretel from NetEnt
No. 1 online casino: Royal Panda Casino
Linda combined her talent for writing with her passion for iGaming. She is our Head of News and she makes sure that you can find on our site every day a fresh piece of information from casino world. She is the first one to know about the recent developments, improvements, announcements, and even scandals in the gaming world. Her articles are engaging and have no equals!
Favourite slot game: Book of Dead from Play'n GO
No. 1 online casino: LeoVegas Casino
Jenna left her 9 to 5 job to work for us. She gave her first try at an online casino 5 years ago after writing her very first article about casino Roulette. Since then she became passionate about iGaming industry. At Online Casino Rivals, Jenna is our main news writer. She also supervises reviews of slots and all other casino games. She can't imagine a day without having a spin in an online casino!
Favourite slot game: Buffalo from Aristocrat
No. 1 online casino: Spin Palace
Jake is currently based in Canada although he is originally from New York. His father used to run a small Betting Shop in Brooklyn and that's how Jake got into iGaming world. He is guru when it comes to poker and casino slots. He can't imagine a day without having a spin at an online casino. He can detect casino scam with his eyes closed! That's why, here at Online Casino Rivals, he is our Casino Promotions Specialists. He scans the web every day looking for and testing casino bonuses.
Top 10 Tips for Choosing Online Casinos
1. Check the license. This is the first step you should take when choosing a casino. Always make sure that online casino holds a legit gambling license which allows the operator to offer gaming services in your country.
2. Make sure you can play in your local currency. Before opening an account, double check whether a casino supports your local currency. After all, you’ll be able to enjoy your casino experience to the fullest only when depositing and playing in your currency.
3. Look for your favourite games. Before making the first deposit, have a look at the game portfolio and make sure a casino offers your favourite casino games.
4. Check T&Cs of the Welcome Bonus. Always carefully read Terms and Conditions of a Welcome Bonus and all other available promotions. Pay special attention to the wagering requirements and games valid in casino promotions. This is important if you want to avoid disappointment.
5. Research deposit options. Before depositing funds to your account, check if a casino supports your desired payment method. Also, make sure there are no additional deposit fees.
6. Check the withdrawal times. When investigating deposit options, don’t forget to have a quick look at the cash-out section in a casino. Learn more about withdrawal time frames, limits on cash-outs and fees.
7. Extra stuff for VIPs. Even though you may be only at the very beginning of your casino journey, check if a casino has a VIP programme. VIPs and high rollers should be rewarded with special perks like cashback or loyalty gifts. Who knows, maybe after a couple of weeks, you’ll join the circle of the VIP players and be entitled to all the VIP benefits.
8. Don’t ignore the aesthetics. Yes, that’s also important! Have a look at the graphics, layout, website interface and page speed. These things contribute to the overall experience to a great extent.
9. Ask about recent winnings and RTP. Browse the website, look for a blog or forum and check the latest winners. You can also contact customer service support asking for the biggest wins in the last couple of weeks. A legit online casino will also include the Payout Percentage of each and every game in the game portfolio. If you can’t find such info on the website, again contact customer service agents and ASK, ASK, ASK!
10. Do your own research! The best way of doing a casino research is to use Google. Look for comments of other players, blog posts, articles about a casino and learn how other players rate a given operator. You’re also more than welcome to read casino reviews on Online Casino Rivals.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are online casinos legit?
Online casinos which hold appropriate gambling licenses issued by authorised institutions are 100 % legit. Licensed online casinos are safe and trustworthy as they are regularly monitored and audited by their regulators.
How do I register at an online casino?
Opening account at an online casino is a piece of cake. It usually consists of two stages. In the first one, you’ll be asked to fill out a short sign-up form where you’ll need to provide some basic personal information such as date of birth, home address or phone number. In the second stage, you’ll have to verify either your phone number or e-mail address. All your personal data is 100 % safe as online casinos use SSL encryption to keep players’ information safe.
Can I claim my bonus on sign up?
All new players are entitled to a Welcome Bonus. We do recommend that you read full T&Cs of a welcome promotion that can be found on the promotion page. Casino bonuses come with wagering requirements which means that your funds are locked until the wagering requirements have been met. On top of this, some welcome promotions have restrictions when it comes to games. We believe Welcome Bonuses are fantastic promotions as long as you’re aware of all the terms.
Do I need to download software?
No. There’s no need to download additional software as online casinos are available instantly in the browser. Some online casinos will give you the option of either downloading software or playing in the browser – the choice is yours.
Can I raise a formal complaint?
Yes of course. You can raise a formal complaint to the casino itself. If this doesn’t help and your problem isn't solved in a satisfactory way, you can claim an official complaint to the body which issued the casino license. All casino regulators have a specific period of time in which they are obliged to investigate the case.
What is RTP?
Return to Player (RTP) is a percentage of any wagered money that over time will be paid back to players. For example, if the RTP of a casino is set at 98 % then it means that you’ll get back $ 0.98 cent from every $ 1 bet.
Can I play on mobile?
Yes. All top online casinos are compatible with major mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android devices, Windows phone, Blackberry, Samsung, tablets. You don’t need to download any additional software to play on mobile, simply open casino website in the mobile browser.
Are casino reviews on Online Casino Rivals trustworthy?
All reviews of casinos online listed on our website are trusted and honest. They are written by professionals with over ten years of experience in the iGaming industry. Our experts follow a very strict procedure when reviewing online casinos and each and every review is checked by two or three members of the team to make sure that all casino reviews are objective.