American Roulette | The Ultimate Guide to Playing American Roulette Online
Have you ever wondered if the TV and movies are depicting the true way to play American Roulette? Perhaps you are curious how to play American Roulette online because you want to step up your winnings? There are several reasons you might have found this guide to how to play American Roulette. The reasoning does not matter as much as learning American Roulette rules to see if you want to play real-money American Roulette.
How to Start
Players new to an online casino will need to register at their favorite online casino, one that is going to offer the bonuses, regulation, and safety you desire, plus the American Roulette online game you wish to play. Thankfully, there are quite a few reviews of casinos to help you find real-money American Roulette online. After you register at a casino that has the game, you can make a real money deposit to start playing for winnings. It is also a good idea, to continue reading here, to learn the American Roulette rules that will determine your success at the tables.
American Roulette Rules
American Roulette differs from the original French or European Roulette that existed more than a century ago. It is about the wheel and the table, where there is an added number to the game – the double zero—European Roulette only has a single zero.
You can wager on 38 numbers, based on the side bets, which will be explained later in the guide. For American Roulette online, you will choose the game, place at least the minimum wager indicated on the page, and then select spin. The random number generator that powers the software will spin the wheel and the virtual marble will land on a number. If you placed a wager that fits the number, the color, or the odd/evenness of the number, you will gain a payout. If you did not wager to include the number the marble lands on, you lose, and can begin a new game.
Live dealer Roulette in the American version is also becoming more prominent at online casinos. The rules for Live Dealer Games are slightly different. You will have other players joining the game. The dealer will also follow the land-based casino rules. The dealer will ask for wagers to be placed. The dealer will have help putting the chips on the table, and each player will have a different color to avoid complications. Once the dealer calls for all final bets, the marble is dropped into the spinning wheel, and where it lands determines the winnings you earn.
American Roulette Wheel
The American Roulette wheel has the added double zero to increase the houses favor against the players. The zero and double zero are in green, while the other 36 numbers are either red or black. The numbers correspond to the table. When the wheel is spun, a marble will drop and hop around until the centrifugal force is stopped and the wheel is no longer moving, and the marble has rested in a slot demarcating a number. The dealer will call out the number and the winnings will be paid.
Roulette Strategy for Playing Real-Money American Roulette
Are you wondering how to win at the game? Perhaps you have heard of software programs that allow you to have a system that will beat the casinos? There is a difference between Roulette strategy and a computer program designed to win against the house. Players are not allowed to use an AI system or other system to try to beat the house. It is against the rules and is clearly stated in the terms and conditions. However, you can always have strategy, which is based on the type of risk you are willing to take. Playing Roulette, even American Roulette is about the probability of winning based on the types of bets you can place. Some wagers have a higher probability of paying out, which provides a lower payout overall. But, statistically guessing the correct number out of 38 numbers is improbable.
Side Bets Explained
When it comes to playing American Roulette online, there are different versions of the game from virtual to live dealer. However, the side bets are always the same in the game as in land-based casinos. It is important that a player know what the wagers are to pick the correct bet.
Inside bets are wagering on the numbers or group of numbers, instead of on higher probability wagers that have lower payouts.
- Split Bet – The chip is placed on the line between two numbers for example you can wager on the 1 and 4 or 4 and 7. You can also wager on the 1 and 2, or 4 and 5.
- The Straight Up Bet – for this wager, you place a chip or chips on one number, right in the center of that number.
- The Street Bet (Three Number Bet or Side Bet or Trio) – American Roulette rules state you place the chip on the right side of the table on the edge of the line, which can begin with 1, 4, 7, and on down the columns.
- The Corner (The Square or The Four Number Bet) – On the table there is a place where you can place the chip to catch four numbers, making it a corner or square wager.
- The Basket – For American Roulette online, this is a wager of five numbers the 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3.
- The Line Bet (Six Number Bet or Six Line Bet) – A six-line bet, or six number bets is all about choosing six numbers to wager on, by placing the chip between two rows or lines, such as the 4 and 7.
Outside wagers are not in the grid of numbers, but outside and around the table, with specific blocks or demarcations that indicate the type of wager you are placing.
- The Column Bet – It is a wager on 12 numbers in the first, second, or third column. You can also place a chip between rows to wager on 12 numbers.
- The Dozens Bet – a wager that looks at the first, second, or third column of 12 numbers for the wager.
- The Odd (Even) Bet – It is a wager on 18 number, given the 1 thru 36, however, it is whether the number will be even or odd, not the color or high/low of the number.
- High or Low Bet – Like the even or odd wager, you can wager if the number will be in the first 18 numbers or the higher 18 numbers.
- Red or Black Bet – Numbers are red or black on the table, which means you can wager for the number selected by the marble to appear as black or red, but not both.
FREQUENTLY THOUGHT QUESTIONS
New players or those who have not decided to play Roulette before may have plenty of questions about the American Roulette version. Here are the most popular questions, and their answers.
How does American Roulette work?
American Roulette is similar to other Roulette versions you may have played before, with only a slight difference—the double zero on the wheel—providing a higher house edge and 38 numbers instead of 37. American Roulette rules allow you to wager on the 0 and 00.
How is American Roulette different from other variations?
The double zero is the only difference, which provides a five-line wager when you choose to wager on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 for a 17 to 1 payout.
Can I use a Roulette System to play?
No, online casinos are not going to allow you to use a system to play American Roulette online. Land-based casinos will also terminate your ability to play if you attempt to use a system that counts the spins of the wheel or looks for other holes in the game. You can use Roulette strategies, such as calculating the probability and hedging your bets, but never an electronic program that would hack or change the outcome.
Can I play American Roulette for free?
Yes, you can play a demo version of American Roulette or download a free app and play without making any real-money winnings.
Can I play American Roulette on mobile?
Yes, there are mobile versions of American Roulette. You can access the games via your mobile browser on your mobile device or by downloading an app for a casino or the specific game.
What is the probability in Roulette?
Probability is the “odds” of whether you can win and helps you understand the payouts of certain wagers over others. For example, there is a less than 3% chance playing American Roulette that you will place your chips on the correct, single number and win 36 to 1 as the payout. For outside bets, the odds or probability of winning is higher because you wager on more numbers. It is also why the payout is lower.